TWEVLE PRINTS: photographs from home



TWELVE PRINTS: photographs from home



The Sponsor’s Portfolio Proposal


We are living in a time when our distance from the natural world has made us forget essential codes for life. Some of those codes are embedded in stories passed down through generations by indigenous peoples. They reflect on the difference between walking on the earth or being in step with the earth. I’ve had the great honor of learning from native peoples in remote parts of the world over decades of my career. Twelve Prints: photographs from home, will reflect on what I’ve learned, and examine the natural world around me to uncover a conversation, both through photography and journal writing.


Twelve Prints will mark the length of time I am at home. One print for each month where I will observe patterns of light in the changing seasons and gather a sense of what binds us to home and place. The resulting body of work will be accompanied by the book, Twelve Prints, that will also include my journal writings, past and present.


 Imogen Cunningham, (1883-1976) was one of my first mentors in photography when I was still in high school. She famously said: “There is a photograph in every room.” Expanding on this I would add, there is also a photograph in every backyard and garden. One only has to see it. 



The series will begin with April 2020 and take us through March 2021. Since I will have neither an assistant nor presumably be able to work with models during this period, Twelve Prints will consist of nonfigurative work (though it may include a horse) and will be made without the artifact of my signature mirror photography. Something else will emerge in its place since I am always looking for new ways to express ideas.


How it Works

All twelve prints will be mailed at the conclusion of the project. They will arrive in an archival black clamshell portfolio box. Each photograph will be made to museum standards and signed  and dated with the edition number on the back in pencil. Alternatively, prints can be mailed out in groups of three or four, depending on how quickly they become available. 


This new series is my gift to you for your support. And your support is even more meaningful to me because in addition to supporting the work, you are also allowing me to remain a working artist during this year from home. Despite most of my collectors purchasing work because they love it and not for its investment value, please do both in this case. It is a reasonable investment that will only appreciate with time once Twelve Prints has become established. It can later be donated to a museum for a tax credit or even sold on the secondary market.


About the Portfolio


                                                    Twelve Prints, The Sponsor’s Portfolio 

                

 
Horse with Tree (c) 2020

16” x 20” silver gelatin paper with approximately 1.5” to 2” borders
Edition Size: 15 


There is always hope in art and I deeply appreciate your thoughtful consideration.


For details, please contact me


        Thank you,


                                        Elisabeth Sunday


Comments

Popular Posts