Gloria names me one of her heroes!

Gloria Steinem Answers the Proust Questionnaire 

VANITY FAIR

Gloria Steinem is one of those rare individuals who is at once a fierce intellectual and someone who has a heart so full of love, generously, and giving, it is a wonder that it continues to hold together. She loves people, books, music, good food, art, and her fluffy rescue three-legged cat, flown to the US from a war torn country in the middle east. I know this because I've had the occasion to stay with Gloria on several occasion at her place in New York City. Over the last twenty-five years we've become friends and she has an entire wall, floor to ceiling of my work in her home. 

As an activist, Gloria continues to fight for the rights of women everywhere. At eighty-four, I've seen her stay up writing until 4:00am, then be back at her computer by 10:30am. She is a marvel and a gift to all of us. That she would name me, in  Vanity Fair's "Gloria Steinem Answers the Proust Questionnaire" as one of her heroes is simply astonishing! 

Thank you Gloria!

Elisabeth Sunday


Comments

Popular Posts