In Honor of Mother's Day



MOTHER’S DAY PRINTS

Special Spring 2021 Offer



Special Edition 16” x 20” archival pigment prints made on rag paper.

Larger prints,  up to 30” x 40” are also available at reserved pricing for collectors.

For more information regarding this special Mother's Day Print offer, please contact me. 

 Edition size: 10 



Binta, 1987, 

Dogon Country, Mali


Binta means daughter in Arabic. This photograph was made in the Dogon Country in Mali during my first Africa Field Trip when I was in my 20s. I have kept in touch with the people of this village, called, Yadjangia, ever since.   


The baby in the photograph is now a grown woman whom I’ve had the occasion to meet again when I visited in 2005.


Life’s Embrace, 1989 


Life's Embrace was photographed in the Ituri Rain Forest in Zaire, now called the Democratic Republic of Congo. This was the journey of a lifetime. Never had I met people so present in the splendor of the moment as they. Life’s Embrace speaks to the irrepressible ability for the Efe people (hunter-gatherers), to seize the moment and embrace all that life has to offer. Contained within the swirl of their beloved forest, the Efe believe they are woven into the very fabric of nature.




Mother Love, 2011 


Mother Love pictures a young Hamar mother from the Omo Valley, Ethiopia. She holds her baby in an animal skin sling in front of her. Behind her is a bush, moving and blowing like wind at her back, urging her forward into motherhood. This photograph is in the collection of the Cleveland Women’s Clinic and hangs in their lobby. 


Home, 2011 


Home is of a Koro mother and baby from the Omo Valley in southern Ethiopia. The Omo Valley tribes have a fierce and fearless reputation, especially the Koro. Never conquered, it’s rare to meet a people so brave and unrelenting in their determination. In this photograph, I tried to capture that sense of personal power the Omo possess. The penetrating gaze of this mother lead me to believe she carried her sense of home within herself at all times. But in this image, it is the child who is home in her arms.



Thank you for your interest in my work. 


The prints I am offering here are normally retail in galleries between 1,750 and 2,500 each. The prices rise as the editions sell down. But this is a new edition and a special spring 2021 offer to celebrate mothers everywhere. 


Other prints are also available at other price points should you browse the website and find other images that could interest you. Be sure to ask me about them. 


Billing is through PayPal. Once I receive confirmation of your order, I will send an invoice to your email address. Be sure to include your shipping address in your print order.  


Feel free to reach out with any questions. 


All the Best,


Elisabeth Sunday


https://elisabethsundayafrica.blogspot.com

elisabethsunday@me.com



Comments

Popular Posts